Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy 93!

Today was my grandma Opal's 93rd birthday party! We had so much fun! The kids did a little program, we ate, laughed, sang, visited....and took lots of pictures! Thanks to Jen for the popcorn machine! It was a total hit! I think the adults loved it just as much as the kids! We really appreciated it! Thanks also to my mom and dad for all the hard work in putting this all together and for my friends in supporting me by coming! You'll never know how much it means to me that you girls are like family! Well....you are family! :) It's a blessing to share in events like these with friends and family who we all love! 5 Memories of Grandma Opal 1. She let my friend and I come stay for the weekend in Kanarraville but when we got there...there wasn't any diet coke. So, she sent us out in the snow to walk down to the store. The snow covered our knees. And it was freezing. When we got back she was crackin up saying "you girls looked ridiculous out there walkin in that snow but it sure was funny!" Made our day! Well at least we got our Diet Coke. 2. Grandma isn't really up on the times and styles of the hair so everytime I see her she'll say...oh sweetie I have a brush in the other room...you better go fix your hair. And, I'll say grandma that's the way it's supposed to be and she would just laugh. 3. Grandma is always wanting to know where I get my boobs from. I think THAT is hillarious! 4. I got a diamond ring for my 18 th birthday and after family dinner we were washing dishes and my ring was missing! I was devistated! I thought my dad was going to kill me. It must have fallen down the sink. My dad spent 2 hours taking apart the entire kitchen. My mom and I were in the front yard sifting through all the trash and there's my grandma sitting at the table reading a magazine. WITH MY RING ON! She said...I thought it would be a funny little trick. 5. Grandma used to take all the little kids to the cemetary in Kanarra. At night. Well, she always had her little scary story all planned out just at the time we'd pass by the glow in the dark tombstone. Even though we all new it was coming....we still were all SO scared! I love my grandma for so many things... She is so patient Always Kind Always in the best mood! So lovable Funny Very giving Loyal to her family Loves everyone and my favorite......... has a shoe fettish. Like me. I love you grams