Sunday, August 7, 2011

What's been happening.................

On June 22nd, my dad had an appointment for an angiogram. We were expecting everything to be fine, but the doctor came out and said he needed open heart surgery. The very next day. We were so scared. My dad and I are so close and everything was happening so fast! He had the surgery, and everything went well. He stayed in ICU for about a week and that was so hard seeing him like that. My mom was such a trooper. Hardly ever left the hospital. And, our saving grace was Joann Fogg. She was at the hospital with us for hours and hours and never left my moms side. She even had my mom spend the night since she lived so close to the hospital. It's been 6 weeks now, and my dad is slowly recovering. I can't wait for him to be back to normal! Some other EXCITING NEWS.....My grandma Rose found out she had a sister! After 88 years of being an only child. My uncle Jim did some geneology work and put all the missing pieces together and now we have a new addition to our family! Her name is Frances but we call her Aunt Fluff. We had the opportunity to go to New Mexico and meet her for the first time. I'm sure it was so overwhelming to her.....keeping all the kids names straight and who belonged to who! She grew up an only child as well. Their meeting was so sweet! It was such a cool experience learning about her and her life. I was sad my parents weren't able to go because of my dads surgery, but we're all looking forward to a trip to Oklahoma. Robin, Tony and I flew into Albuquerque and spent a little time there. We then drove to Santa Fe and spent the night. We shopped, ate some awesome mexican food, and did a little sight seeing. Then, we drove into Farmington where we met Aunt Fluff. We took tons of pictures, spent great time with family, and were sad to say goodbye.
Aunt Jo and Uncle Burr
Me and my sister Robin
All the girls
Me, Angel, Fluff, Grandma Rose, Robin, Shari, Sarah and Aleecia
Belton, Aunt Fluff, Grandma, Shari, Ava and Jane
Tony, Aunt Fluff, Grandma Rose and Robin Sarah, Aleecia, Aunt Fluff, Grandma Rose and Eric Burr, Aunt Fluff, Grandma Rose, and Jo Lily, Aunt Fluff, Grandma Rose and Mike
Look at these two cuties! SISTERS! They were inseperable. It was like catching up on 80 plus years of life! I got to stay with my Grandma, so I was able to join in on all the conversations. It was such a blast!
Shari and Beltons cute little girl Ava. She is adopted from China and we are so lucky to have her in our family! I love that little girl!
We got to spend a day up in Purgatory, Colorado. We had so much fun. We rode the alpine slides.....much faster than I remember them to be when I was young, and took the scenic ski lift up the mountain. The weather was beautiful until we got rained on! While we were on the lift. It was still a great memory. Little Ava even bungee jumped. We didn't think she would, but she got right up there and proved us all wrong! We finished the day in Durango with lunch and shopping! Great times!
While we were in Santa Fe, we got to see this miraculous staircase in a church there. It was built with absolutely no nails. It was amazing. I loved the old town of Santa Fe.
While in Albuquerque, we rode the tram up to Sandia Peak. It was amazing! 10,000 feet! The view was spectacular. I never did this as a kid, so I'm glad we were able to go this time!
This is definately a trip I will never forget. It was a whirlwind, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave my parents at home, but I'm SO glad I ended up going. Not only did I get to meet my new Aunt, but got to see all my family from New Mexico and Texas. Whom I love so much!!