Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Seattle 2012

Jen Stewart and I planned a trip to Seattle in September 2012.
It was such a blast!
Most things revolved around food.....which is pretty normal.
I had never been to Seattle before, so all the sightseeing and tourist attractions were 
definitely on the top of my list!

We didn't leave until Jen got off work, so we had a super late flight.
We got there close to midnight and then waited forever for a hotel shuttle.
We were exhausted!

The next morning we slept in till 11 a.m.
We then walked down to Pikes Market and one of the most popular food trucks in Seattle
Maximus & Minimus!
We found that on Food Network.
It was delicious!

We also found the cutest popcorn shop with some funky flavors!
I loved the pickle flavor.  Call me crazy.

I couldn't believe how much I loved Pikes Market.
The flowers were unreal!  I would be buying those weekly if I lived there.
The fish company was so cool too.
There was no way I was going to get Jen to eat any we just took pictures.

I fell in LOVE with this 2 story target.
They had things that no other Target has ever had.
so amazing.
But, the best part was this shopping cart escalator.
Are you kidding me?
I'm for real.

We then were on our way to a Mariners baseball game.
We rode the light rail down to Safeco field. That was a blast!
We had awesome seats.  The weather was gorgeous!
We obviously had stadium treats.
And ate dinner at the Stadium too.
Jen got the cutest little baseball hat filled with chocolate ice cream.
Super fun night!

The next morning we found a yummy hamburger place called Dicks.
It was a FAR walk from our hotel.
We took buses, walked, took more buses.
We felt like we were never going to find it.
So, it was worth the wait.
With fries, and a big ole milkshake.

Later that day, we went back downtown and went to the infamous GUM WALL.
It was disgusting and mesmerizing all at the same time.
I was for some strange reason fascinated by it.
And yes, we each added a piece of gum.

We did some shopping downtown too.
Found some really cool jewelry shops, and local hot spots.
Oh, and some bakeries.  Can't forget those cookies.
Later that night, we went to Ivar's for some seafood.
Well, me some seafood.  It was so delicious!

The next morning, we took a ferry over to Victoria, Canada.
It was about a 3 hour ride, but it was so cool.
You could get up and walk around, or nap.
I did both.  On the way there, we had awesome seats.
On the way back, we got split up because we were rushing to get there.
I sat by a stranger...who talked to me the WHOLE ENTIRE TIME!
First stop in Canada, was the Butchart Gardens.
It was unbelievable.  So amazing and breath taking.
I loved every single second.
I felt like I was in a pop up book.

After the Gardens, we went downtown and did some looking around.
We found the cutest little cuckoo clock shop.
The little clock maker was in the back.  It was like a dream.
I could have spent hours in there.
But, I picked a clock out and we were on our way.

After arriving back in Seattle, we a had a late dinner and then went back to the hotel room.  
We were so tired from all the traveling.
So, we slept in again.
But, I'm pretty sure it was until noon!
Love vacations!
We then decided to go to the Space Needle.
We made lunch reservations at the restaurant there with a revolving restaurant.
So good!  And, super great views.  I'm so glad we did that.
We then walked around and saw the entire city!

On our way back to downtown, we spotted a crazy looking tour called the Duck Tour.
So, we jumped on and had a blast.
It was a land and water tour which was awesome because we got to see pretty much everything
we wanted to!
We saw the places they filmed Sleepless in Seattle and Grey's Anatomy.
Our tour guide was hysterical.  He passed out random hats for us to wear.

After the duck tour, we found Top Pot doughnuts.
We had heard so many great things about this doughnut place.
They were pretty good - I honestly thought they would be better.
But, I still ate two.

We decided to walk down to the ferris wheel later that night and try to get a ride.
We made it at the perfect time.  It was still light outside but turned dark about 3/4 of our ride.
Super cool to see the wheel change colors.

Our last day, we rode the monorail and saw a few more sights we had been wanting to see.
Everyone was telling us about an ice cream shop called Molly Moon's.
It was so.freaking.good.
We had some ice cream and then ate Thai for dinner.
A little backwards but that's ok.

This trip was seriously so much fun! 
I love to see other parts of our country!
It's always so fun to explore and especially with great friends!